Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Keys


Yesterday I wanted to duplicate the keys of my flat for my girlfriend. So I went to the local Mr. Minit, and asked the guy there to make me a duplicate. I gave him both keys, and said: "I'll be back in 10 minutes or so?"
He said something like: "Attendez, ça ne durera que 30 secondes" (Do you use futur simple here? Anyway, it should mean 'This will take but 30 seconds')

He was wrong. It took him 20 seconds, for both keys. And I was left wondering why I even bother with locks? The guy had maybe 40 templates to choose from, and then it took him 10 seconds to duplicate a key. I guess if he stood in front of my flat and wanted in, it would take him about a minute. Not that there would be something to steal, mind. Except my Phoenix Pearl tea.

I have to get a new lock.




No comments:

Post a Comment