Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Château de Chillon


There are seven pillars of Gothic mould,
In Chillon's dungeons deep and old,
There are seven columns massy and grey,
Dim with a dull imprison'd ray...

Lord Byron, The Prisoner of Chillon

Visited Chillon on Sunday. Very impressive castle on the shore of Lake Geneva. Lord Byron seems to have been impressed as well, when he visited it together with Percy Bysshe Shelley in 1816.

Unfortunately I did not manage to take a single good picture. I don't know why, but everything I did is either underexposed, overexposed, blurry or just plain crap.
You will have to be content with the chimney as seen from the Donjon, it was, honestly, the best I could do.

At least it wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as I will definitely visit Chillon again, because I have to show it to my girlfriend. (The dungeon is especially romantic, as is the crypt ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment