Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Monday, January 28, 2008

Tribute to XKCD

XKCD is the nerdcomic. There is none other. I mean, the guy who writes and draws it wanted to build a couch, and ended up with a ball-pen, for Christ's sake! I am in awe.

Anyway, a recurring theme in XKCD is 'raptors. And Cory Doctorov, but that's another story. Raptors are awesome, and they will kill us all, eventually. But you can hold out (for a bit), if you raptor-proof your house.

But is that enough? I think not, and I drew the following comic to illustrate why (click to enlarge):



Lessons learnt while drawing this comic:

  • My drawing skills are... limited
  • Yes, that extends to stick-figures
  • Cleaning up even a stick-figure drawing in Gimp takes time.
  • It is not so easy to draw a stick-figure that suddenly turns around when it has no face.

Lessons I did not learn while drawing this comic:
  • TEM, because I was drawing instead of listening to the lecture.

Oh, and the stupid spellcheck of blogger does not know "learnt" - let's all point at it and laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I can't draw either, which is why I used photo montage for mine :-)

    http://www.markwheadon.com/blog/2009/03/xkcd-in-the-round/

    Mark

    ReplyDelete