Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Short Review: Indiana Jones IV

Well, the girlfriend and I finally went and saw the new Indiana Jones flic. And the verdict is: eh. I mean, it is a fun movie, in a switch-of-your-brain sort of way. But some scenes are too over the top, too "look how clever I am" to maintain the suspension of disbelief. And don't get me talking about the end! In the prev ious three movies, the McGuffin never was shown much, and Indy at least made an effort to figure out what's going on. But in the new movie, he is just dragged all over the place, and we see that ridicoulous crystal skull (which looks like plastic with some aluminium foil bunched up in it) all the time.

That is not to say that you can't enjoy it as a movie, parts of it are really fun. It's just not outstanding, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment