Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fame and Glory are Mine!

Yes, I am the winner of the world-famous annual EPFL PhD-hike photo contest. Now don't rush me girls, you can hug me in turns.

It wasn't easy, conditions were less than optimal: a horde of sixty PhD students rampaging over the mountainside, getting into my field of view, complaining if a photographer stopped to take a shot, stealing the best vantage points. And the competition was ferocious! Why, nine people entered the photo contest, nine!

Anyway, it is the first photo-contest I entered, and I won (a bottle of wine and immortal fame in the EPFL publication "Flash"), so there.
Oh, and here is the winning photo, entitled imaginatively "Magic Mirror":

(Canon EOS 300D, EF-S 55-250mm IS @ 109 mm, f/5.0, 1/1000 s, ISO 200)

No comments:

Post a Comment