Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In the ball-park

On the ninth of October I bemoaned the fact that I'd have to redo nearly all measurements of 2008, due to a nasty reasonance that changed the voltage I was measuring by a factor of 2 to 10, depending on the setup. I said it would take about two to three weeks.

Ha!

It is only now that I have really figured out what was going on, and finally have redone the most important measurements. and this time I am sure, because lo and behold:


The red curve is mine, the rest of the graph is from Lisovskiy and Yegorenkov: "RF breakdown of low-pressure gas and a novel method for determination of electron-drift velocities in gases", Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol 31 (1998), p 3349-3357. Not exactly the same curve to be sure, but that is to be expected, especially since he used stainless steel electrodes, and I use aluminium ones.  

Totally different ion-induced secondary electron emission coefficients, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment