Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thirty

A month ago I had my thirtieth birthday. I was all prepared to gnaw on a celebratory piece of shortbread to solemnise this occasion, when suddenly a horde of my friend showed up and drank all my beer:


They had come from Vienna, which is about a thousand kilometres eastwards from Lausanne, to throw me a surprise-birthday party (and R nine months pregnant, too!), which is just slightly beyond awesome. As retribution I will splash their likeness all over the internet, because that's just the kind of friend I am.


We had a full program over the weekend: The cathedral






which we left only slightly damaged behind



The chateau Chillion (which I have now seen trice - it is pretty, though)



and some bowling; here my friend Chruss demonstrates the perfect form for middle-aged males like us.



Last but not least we had some beer (the general opinion of the local  beers was devastating I am afraid. In the end, the tasteless aggression could not stand, and we had to drink them all),







saw the fattest dog of Lausanne



and had a good time here at the shores of Lac Léman. Thanks for coming (Boris' liver: and also for leaving again)!


P.s. (for the shmall one): Twix heisst jetzt Raider!

No comments:

Post a Comment