Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Monday, June 7, 2010

Eastern Dragon

Busy finishing my paper. Have a dragon while I work.

orientalischer Drache, aus Add. zu den Unaussprechlichen Kulten

Re: Your report of the 12 th of May, Anno Domini 1247

Your Excellency,

despite delving in the deepest archives, our librarians could unearth scant information about the creature you describe. The only clear descriptionn was found in Bloch's unholy De Vermis Mysteriis, and two of our brethren went mad before we knew only to use illiterate copyists which cannot be tempted to perouse the foul volume. We also had a few copies of the addendum to the Unaussprechlichen Kulten, one page of which I enclose in this message - it bears the only clear depiction we could find.

May our Lord be with you,
I remain you most obediant servant,
B.
-------------

Pencil (B, 4B) in my sketchbook, some patterning and cleaning up of the scan in photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. I like the dragon. If I had any complaint, it would be that the talons were a bit off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and indeed they are. I somehow couldn't get them to work (you can still see traces where I drew and redrew them), so finally I got sick of redoing them and just left them as they were.

    ReplyDelete