Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Morphologies: Before the fight

Another assignment in my drawing class: draw different morphologies. I chose to combine two: a long gaunt man and a fat, strong one.



Alternatively, I had a vision of an epic battle: the last chance of an impoverished teacher and his sole student. Every bit of money they can spare goes into the student's food, hence the  teachers gauntness. Is it a wonder he prays loudly to the gods before the fight, which may be their last chance to earn some much-needed money?

 I am quite happy with how the teacher turned out. Less happy with the sumo wrestler; I think I drew his hands and head a bit too big, they should be smaller on his (supposedly) massive frame. The background is a bit uninspired, I drew it as an afterthought, and it shows. I wish I would have given it a bit more thought before I started the drawing, I definitely will for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment