Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Monday, May 7, 2007

Excuses, Excuses


No post last Thursday and Saturday, my excuse is that I was too busy looking at spectra. I fitted a needle valve to PADEX and had fun bleeding a bit of air into the plasma and watching it get cherry-red - photos to follow.

The reason for doing this is to compare the contaminated plasma with my (hopefully) pure argon plasma (on the left-hand side) - if there are lines that don't match, then my argon plasma is indeed pure.

Also, my ATM card stopped working. Again. I showed up at my bank, eyes blazing with righteous wrath, ready to kick ass and take names. I deliberately spoke English, so the poor girl at the bank had to struggle. I did not even smile once. With me glowering and her scrambling at her computer, she finally found out what the problem is. Seems that with a new account you get to spend only 300 CHF a month via your ATM card in shops. Don't ask me why. Evidently the swiss only use cash. Or some secret cheese-currency.

Anyway, she raised the stupid limit (why couldn't they do that in the first place?), so this particular pain in the posterior should be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment