Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

New toys

Yesterday my external USB hard-disk arrived. I had planned to buy one for ages - since my laptop got stolen last year in Sydney, actually. I plan to use it as a - you guessed it - backup, not that my critical (read anything to do with my thesis) data is not backed up on three different computers anyway, one of them with a RAID 1 array. Yes, I lost about one month worth of work last year, let's not talk about it anymore, okay?

Anyway, now I am the proud owner of 320 gigabytes of external storage, hooray!

It seems that this is a week of joy and parcels for me, because today the two matching-boxes I ordered arrived, the MFJ-969 (300 Watt) and the MFJ-989D (3000 Watt). Since morning I have been busy installing them, and there might be some new plasma-photos later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment