Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Parchment Wallet

Back in may, I spontaneously decided to make my own wallet, out of a piece of A4 paper. I was curious how long it would last in daily use; the answer turns out to be: more than five months. To be sure, my wallet shows signs of use, and I head to reinforce a couple of edges with adhesive tape, but it is still holding together well. Nevertheless I made a new one: The awesome parchment wallet.

The idea came to me when I was thinking about different materials you can fold a wallet from. The internets suggest tyvec or similar composites, but then I got to thinking: What's wrong about good old fashioned dead animal skin? True, everybody and their dog has a leather wallet, but what about a parchment wallet? a google search for "parchment wallet" only turns up 156 hits, and most of those are wimpy marriage card parchment envelopes.

Thus I proudly present: the world's first manly parchment wallet. Look upon me, ye mighty, and despair!

Let's see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment