Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Thursday, November 13, 2008

iBrick followup

Here is my iBrick, happily charging up in my laboratory. It performed quite well, I got 12 hours plus of playback from it, and part of that was spent charging my power-hungry n800 internet tablet. Of course, compared to it's weight (about half a kilo) that is abysmal, but then it is a lead-acid cell and not some fancy lithium-polymer battery.

The only drawback is that my smart battery charger at home is to smart to properly recognise it as a 12 Volt battery when it has run flat - accordingly it refuses to charge. Hence the laboratory power supply method.

Now that I am not pressed for time, I will probably build some variation of the Minty-boost design for a more portable travel charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment