Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Toy toy toy

As you may have read here a few days ago, my behind proved stronger than my Motorola KRZR, something I didn't shed too many tears over.

Especially since I then decided to treat myself to a new toy:



I know I said I wouldn't, but...
 what an awesome toy! First of all, the fact that you can connect to the internet over the blindingly fast (well, when compared to GPRS)  3G network makes me feel like I am living in some kind of science fiction novel. Also, the interface is intuitive and just works, so I am actually using it. Furthermore, internal GPS + internet is the best thing since somebody combined sliced bread and bacon.
And then there are the 3rd party applications. I've already read a short story on it (Fritz Leiber's "Night of the Long Knives") via Stanza - something that was surprisingly comfortable.
Then there is Midomi, an application that will record a few seconds of a song you are listening to or humming yourself, and then query a database and tell you which song it is.

I am sure there are a gazillion more I haven't discovered yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment