Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Preparing the Plants

... for two and a half weeks absence. In the summer I tried to go with bottles of water connected by strips of cloth. That strategy backfired, capillary action failed me and my little palm-tree nearly died.

It is still not entirely recovered - as evidenced by the sad brown leave on the right. The farn and my Ficus benjamina (cunningly hidden behind the Elephant's foot, which is doing very well, thank you) are also ailing yet. So this time I am going with the humid-bathroom method, the well watered plants above a few centimeters of water in the bath-tub.
Should be alright, especially since there is no light, and the temperature will be around twelve degrees .

No comments:

Post a Comment