Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some excellent coca

No, I am not talking about the leaf, although I am sure it is quite excellent as well. Coca is also a pizza-like catalan pastry, and a very fine one at that.
The recipe for the dough is the same as my own pizza-recipe, but the toppings don't. Last week-end I made coca con espinaca y pescado:

You'll need about a kilo of leaf spinach. Blanch it, and spread it over the dough. I also put on some cherry tomatos, some smoked salmon and some peeled shrimps. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.



The smoked salmon contrasts the spinach nicely, and the acid of the tomatoes serves as a nice counterpoint. A very different flavour than your standard, tabasco-soaked pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment