Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Emotions - sadness

Next one in my series of emotions. A sad widow entering a church on a mountain. This time I thought about placement a bit before I started drawing, but still continued the theme of struggling with perspective - the doorway looks like I wanted to pull of an MC Escher but failed miserably.



Still, I am happy with my little widow, although I had to redraw her so many times that the paper ended up a bit smudged, which is why the scan is a bit light, to hide the smudges. Probably should ink the drawing, but I think instead I'll forge ahead and draw the next emotion: Happiness or rage, not sure which one yet. But what to draw? Rage will probably be something with swords (been oodles since I drew a nice sword, axe or other implement of mayhem!), but happiness? I'll have to think about that...

2 comments:

  1. Children are good for happiness and darn near every other emotion. Everything they feel is like 100%. At least when they're young, they tend to be ecstatic when they're happy and in despair when they're sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Maybe I'll go with a kid playing in mud - they always seem to be happy then. Also, I haven't drawn any mud yet, a crucial skill for any wannabe artist!

    ReplyDelete