Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Emotions - surprise

Next to last in the emotions-series (previously: fear, sadness and rage).

Do not forget your Tyrannosaur-EXTM deterrent when venturing into the primeval jungle!

I am quite happy with how the riding-lizard turned out - I want one! I probably could have spent some more thime on the foilage, though. Also, the claw of the poor Tyrannosaurus is and looks lika an afterthought. But! I drew the trepid explorer without a reference, and her anatomy works, more or less. Horray for me!

Lastly I thought it would be interesting to show the preliminary sketch I made, where I figured out where everything would go. Normally I need to make more than one of these, but this picture sprang more or less fully formed into my mind, like a hungry tyrannosaurus, or a bad metaphor.

Grarr.


Both drawings pencil on A4 paper.

Edit: Ahem. I actually was drawing surprise, not fear as previously stated. Fear I've already done. Corrected in title and text.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite of your sketches. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really fun to do, too, especially the lizard.

    ReplyDelete