Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Thursday, July 1, 2010

MoMA

The Guggenheim is closed on Thursdays, so I went to the Museum of Modern Art.







The painting I like most so far is Matisse's Musketeer. Not exactly modern art, I know. But I have to admit I don't get most of it. Some of it is aesthetically pleasing, some makes me chuckle (Ceci n'est pas une pipe), but most goes over my head. Even Picasso: I can somehow see that much thought and art went into his work - something that I can't say for many other artists: I can't tell Pollock's stuff apart from a paint spill - but I still don't get it.







Yet there is some hope for me: I didn't get Gaugin either a couple of years ago, or Matisses later stuff, but now I do. Yay me!






- tales from the road

Location:W 54th St,New York,United States

2 comments:

  1. I don't really "get" modern art either. Of course, I've never really made an effort to do so. I'm glad you're enjoying the art up there, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am. I am thinking of going to the Met again tomorrow, actually. But first the Guggenheim!

    ReplyDelete