Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Friday, April 13, 2007

Holidays

Not for me of course - there is no such thing as holidays for PhD students. But Master students have easter holidays right now. I knew that. But this did not prevent me from cheerfully rocking up at the centre du sport at 1215h on Wednesday, for my Vo-Vietnam lesson. After waiting for fifteen minutes in the empty centre, I gradually realized that holidays might mean no lessons. So I showered because I could (and because my girlfriend keeps telling me of some weird practice called "Hyge-something"), and returned dejectedly to my lab.

On Thursday at 1215h I packed my things and went for my French lesson. I maintain that this was just to see whether holidays really means no lessons, for as any good scientist knows an experiment has to be repeatable to mean anything. Other, less kind people have told me less kind things. Anyway, for those of you who haven't guessed: no lessons. But I did try to look intelligent while standing in the deserted centre des langues. It did not work.

Today is Friday, and I will have Vo-Vietnam lessons at 1215h. Boy, am I looking forward to them!


On a completely unrelated note, it is spring here in Lausanne, therefore the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment