Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Even more plasma goodness

As promised, here is some more pictures of plasmas. The first is a pure Argon plasma, with a Hollow Cathode discharge in the middle.



Opening the needle valve a bit, we get a mixture of air and Argon, so the plasma turns reddish



The last picture is almost pure air, and a deep, glowing red.



I am afraid that there won't be any cool plasma pictures for a couple of days, because a collegue of mine destroyed the 100:1 voltage probe that measures the RF peak to peak voltage in my experiment. She picked up my oscilloscope without bothering to check if something was connected. I am still trying to decide whether to laugh it off or to stuff the dead probe down her neck with extreme prejudice. Not only do I have to order a new probe, but I probably will have to disassemble PADEX completely to install it.

No comments:

Post a Comment