Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Evidence of Dementia in Swiss Companies


I am used to seeing my name written wrong. I just live too far west, nobody here can cope with "Legradic". Even "Boris" is a stretch sometimes. But that's all right, I can live with it. I am not even trying to pronounce my name properly even more, I just go with the French pronunciation, which saves me a lot of hassle, and makes me a dirty conformist. I can live with that, too.

But when I received the envelope on the left yesterday, I was a bit flabbergasted. Picking it up, I guessed it would contain the labels for my door and postbox, so I thought: "Shit, they couldn't read my handwriting, for now and evermore I shall be "Logrodic". Not so, because to my delight the plate itself was spelled right. Except that I am not, and have never been (nor do I have the intention to become) a "Doris". But then, the small plates had a "B" for the initial.

So tomorrow I will try to call the company, and ask them to explain how in the world they could come up with three different spellings and not notice. Without doubt I won't understand the explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment