Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Monday, August 11, 2008

I win!

Woohoo, for the first time in my life have I won something!

It is true, ever since I learned about combinatorics I haven't won anything, because I refuse to enter in lotteries or similar schemes. On the average, you will loose money.

But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy winning something. At the EPFL, there is this Bike-to-Work initiative, where they ask you to fill in a card each day you take your bike to work, for a month. Since I always take my bike, this is not a great hardship for me, so I entered - and won this awesome cool, ehhh... ergonomic saddle. It's worth 49 CHF!

Well, at least I didn't win the first price, which was a half-price card for the swiss railway. Not bad as such, but unfortunately every employee of the EPFL gets one automatically anyway.
And now I'll be off, let's see if the new saddle makes me go faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment