Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Watercolours

I've finally finished this:


"At Willy Wonka's"
Watercolour on Paper, A3

It's supposed to be Willy Wonka and Charlie of Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". It was an assignment from my art course - my prof handed me an excerpt and told me to draw and then paint an illustration.

It was the first time I'd painted anything since high school, and I guess it shows, especially at the top - the roof of the tent was painted first. I wanted to go for the kind of naive style often used in children's books, hence the weird tent and the exaggerated features of Willy Wonka.

In the future I'll probably stick to acrylics until I feel I can try and tackle watercolours again. Also I need to come up with another way digitalise my paintings - the stupid scanner at the office refused to use the same settings twice, so you can see the scan-line in the middle of the painting, where I stitched the two parts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment