Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pencil to comic-style ink

What I've been up to recently in my drawing class:

Last year I drew a realistic (or as realistic as I could make it) Indian chief:




Which I now had to translate into a black-and-white comic version:




I was moderately happy with the former, and am not very happy with the latter - seems that somebody kicked in his face while I was not paying attention. And I only noticed after I had inked him. Grmbl.
Next up: Emotions. Should be a snap, I already feel dread...

1 comment:

  1. My response mirrors your own. I like the first, but the second seems off, out of proportion.

    Having said that, it should be noted that I'm completely devoid of anything resembling artistic ability.

    ReplyDelete