Observations about the universe, life, Lausanne and me

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stuck on the Tarmac

Stupid piece-of-shit Boeing 767 ain't going anywhere. Some kind of pressure-valve problem. If we don't lift off in half an hour, and we won't, I'll miss my connecting flight to Norfolk.
At least the stewardesses have gone into crowd-control mode, and are dispensing sweets as fast as they can fling them.

Below: big waste of metal that doesn't fly.







Update: deboarded the plane, and it looks like somebody is opening up the turbine. The captain said he'll be able to tell us more in an hour - I am not holding my breath.
Update 2: boarding again. Maybe second time's the charm? 4 hours delay all in all, I hope they'll rustle up another flight to Norfolk for me, today. Still, I won't complain too much, because: Crossing the Atlantic in (now) thirteen hours? Still awesome.
- fresh from my iPhone


Location:Route des Batailleux,Grand-Saconnex,Switzerland

2 comments: